The Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) serves to protect students’ fees in the event of a PEI (Private Education Institution) being unable to continue operations due to insolvency and/or regulatory closure. It was first launched as the Student Protection Scheme (SPS) initiated by CaseTrust and it has been replaced with FPS (Fee Protection Scheme) under EduTrust. PEIs which are EduTrust-certified can collect a maximum of 12 months of fees from students, and these fees have to be protected.
In full compliance with the EduTrust guidelines set by CPE (Committee for Private Education), Stanfort Academy provides fee protection for the fees paid by our students in the form of an Insurance Protection Scheme. Stanfort Academy’s FPS is applicable to all students who are enrolled in any of our courses and pay FPS fee.
Please refer to the Committee for Private Education website ‘Click Here’ for more information.
Stanfort Academy hereby confirms and undertakes to the student that it has in place a Fee Protection Scheme with Lonpac Insurance Bhd by way of an insurance facility. The Private Education Act has been put in place the mandatory requirement of Fee Protection Scheme (FPS). This requirement is regulated by the Committee of Private Education, by way of insurance coverage for all full-time and part-time students. The Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) applies to ALL students (regardless of nationality and the type of passes or identification held, i.e. dependent’s pass, student’s pass, work permit etc). Under this regulation, it is mandatory for all students to apply for FPS and sign CPE PEI-Student Contract when they enroll for courses with Stanfort Academy.
Upon application of EduTrust, Stanfort Academy undertakes that:
(i) The cover under the Master Insurance Agreement shall be extended to the Student;
(ii) Stanfort Academy will purchase the insurance within 7 working days once the Student pays the fees; and
(iii) The insured period will commence from the fee payment date to the end date of the course.
• Loss of ‘Course Fees’ by Insured Student due to Insolvency or Regulatory Closure of PEI;
• Failure of PEI to pay Sum awarded by Singapore Courts to Insured Student;
• Death by Accident or Total Permanent Disability by Accident of Insured Student;
The College insures all the fees upon collection from students.
Fees to be insured (stated in Student Contract): Course fees, Material fees, Medical Insurance fee, Fee Protection Scheme fee, School Uniform fee, International Student Support Fee and Membership fee
All fees: It refers to all monies that are paid by the student to be enrolled in the College except for the course ‘Application Fee’ and ‘Agent Commission Fee’ (if applicable).
Application Fee: It refers to the fee the student pay the College for the sole purpose of processing the application form submitted so that the College can check if the student meets the course admission requirements. (Not refundable and not protected)
Agent Commission Fee: If the student is registered through the College-appointed Student Recruitment Agent, the % of course fees agreed will be transferred to the Agent upon student’s commencement of the course.
Miscellaneous Fees: There is another type of fee payable which is referred to as ‘Miscellaneous Fees’. It refers to any non-compulsory and non-standard fee which the students will pay only when necessary or applicable. Such fee is normally collected on an ad-hoc basis by the College when the need arises. The Miscellaneous fees need not be protected but they will be reflected clearly in the Student Contract. (Not refundable and not protected)
The following are the ‘Miscellaneous fees’ likely to be collected by Stanfort Academy:
• Administrative Fee for Transfer or Deferment of Course
• Additional FPS fee (For transfer or deferment of course)
• Administrative Fee for Examination Result Appeal request (Internal Examination)
• Remittance of Telegraphic Transfer per transaction
• ICA Student Pass Processing Fee
• ICA Student Pass Card Issuance and Multiple Journey Visa Fees
• School Administrative charge for handling STP replacement (due to loss/ damage)
• ICA replacement fee for STP card (due to loss/ damage)
• Medical Examination Fee
• Late Payment Fee
• Administrative charge for Credit Card Payment
• Science Practical Lab Fee
• Re-examination fee
• Fees for official school letter (eg. Certificate of Studies, Visa Application letter)
• Lost result slip
• ICA Security Bond/ Banker’s Guarantee Fee
• Registration and Administration Fee for External Examinations (eg. IELTS exam, Admission Exercise for International Students (AEIS) exam, LCCI exam and Singapore-Cambridge GCE O Level Exam)
Fees are subject to change but the College ensures that the information is updated and made available to the students, intending students and prospective students within 14 days after the change.
The College will buy insurance at the point when the student pays the course fees to us/ within seven day that the student pays school’s fees to Stanfort Academy. If the money is transferred via e-banking to us, the College will buy the insurance policy within three days. Student will receive a soft copy of the Certificate of Insurance (COI) by email from the operating agent of the insurance provider, and the hardcopy of the Certificate (COI) from Stanfort Academy. Student can inform the College if they do not receive such a certificate.
All claims shall be made on the Insurance Provider’s prescribed forms and submitted to them as soon as reasonably possible together with all supporting documents, including the original copy of the receipt issued by Stanfort Academy, and information that they may require.
• Students are advised to check the Insurance Policy Certificate of Student Insurance they will get from the Insurance Provider for insured amounts and period of insurance.
Important notes for Students on Fee Protection Scheme
• When signing of the student contract, check that insurance protection is included in the contract.
• A copy of the Certificate of Insurance (COI) bought in the respective student’s name will be mailed to him/ her by the insurance company.
• Make sure that the amount of fees paid, and not the premium amount, is equal to the amount insured.
• Check that the insurance coverage period starts from the date student paid their fees to Stanfort Academy.
Lonpac Insurance Bhd
100 Beach Road
#19-00 Shaw Tower
No double claim
For the avoidance of doubt, if the Student and/or his/her parent/guardian receives any payment from Stanfort Academy or Lonpac Insurance Bhd pursuant to a provision of this Agreement or the Master Insurance Policy in respect of any matter or damage, then the Student and his/her parent/guardian shall not be entitled to claim against Stanfort Academy or Lonpac Insurance Bhd for the same payment in respect of the same matter or damage pursuant to any other provision of this Agreement or the Master Insurance Policy.