I. STUDENT PASS APPLICATION
FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
1. Can Stanfort Academy apply Student Pass for international students?
Yes. Stanfort Academy is registered with the Committee for Private Education (CPE) and EduTrust Certified PEI (Private Education Institution), and so we can apply Student Pass for international students intending to take up the courses of our school.
2. How do I apply to study at Stanfort Academy?
Locate an official Stanfort Academy Student Recruitment Agent in your home country (check in the school’s official website to search for your country’s official agent or inquire with us directly and find out more information on the course and the required documents for an application.
School Contact Number +65-6565 9786, +65-65605559
School email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Do I need to apply for Student's Pass?
4. How do I apply for a Student Pass?
The Customer Service Staff of Stanfort Academy will assist all international students, who have been accepted by the Stanfort Academy. The pass, which is valid for the entire duration of the course of study, will be processed and approved by ICA. Application for Student Pass is done online at the ICA website. The responsible staff will be liaising with all accepted international applicants on Student Pass application matters. Please ensure that you have stated a valid email address in your application. You may visit the ICA website for more details. For further queries concerning your Student Pass application, please contact:
Administrative Staff of the International Students Department:
Tel: (65) 6565 9786 Email: email@example.com
5. Do I have to come down to Singapore personally to apply?
6. Is it compulsory that I must apply via a student recruitment representative ('Agent') in my home country?
7. I am a foreign student. How do I know if I need a visa to visit Singapore?
For students who require visas to enter Singapore, the Student’s Pass In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter will include a Single-Journey Entry Visa for your stay in Singapore till you have completed all formalities upon your arrival in Singapore. We will send the IPA letter via email once you have signed the Student Contract, settle all payment to Stanfort Academy, and approve your Student Pass application. You can use the letter as a Visa to enter Singapore. You are not required to apply for a separate visa.
If you wish to visit Singapore for personal reasons, please refer to the ICA website for a list of countries where nationals require visas to enter Singapore.
8. Do I need Financial Proof of funds for my Student Pass processing? How much must I prove if so?
There is no indicated fixed amount, but if you can prove a sum of money that is enough to cover for the course fees for the whole period of course and living expenses in Singapore is better.
9. How long does it take for my online application to be processed?
10. What documents does a student need for student pass application?
You must submit the following documents to us together with the completed Application Form for the International students:
- A valid travel document;
- A photograph image in JPEG format;
- Birth Certificate;
- Applicant’s educational certificates, transcripts in Notarial if the certificates are not in English);
- Financial Background/ Bank Statement (can be under the applicant’s name or the parents’)
11. How can I know the outcome of my application?
12. I heard that I need to go for a Medical Checkup in Singapore. How will this be done?
13. If my application for a Student Pass is approved, how do I collect my Student Pass?
14. Can I remain in Singapore after my Student's Pass has expired as my flight is only confirmed after the expiry date?
Overstaying is a punishable offence in Singapore. If you want to stay beyond the period of stay granted, you can apply for an extension online using the e-Service or go to the Visitor Services Centre on Level 4 of the ICA Building before your Visit Pass expires. Applications for an extension of stay are subject to approval.
15. What should I do if I terminate my studies early?
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
16. What is the Private Education Act?
17. What is EduTrust Certification Scheme?
18. Are the courses/ programmes conducted by Stanfort Academy registered with the Committee for Private Education (CPE)?
19. Are the teachers at Stanfort Academy highly qualified?
20. How are fees collected at Stanfort Academy?
21. Can the fees be paid in installments?
22. What does the entry test for admission to Stanfort Academy require?
23. Will my personal information be used for marketing purposes?
24. How do I communicate with Stanfort Academy if I have queries or feedback on school matters?
You can approach any administrative staff of Stanfort Academy during office hours (Weekdays: 9:00 AM – 9:30 PM, or complete our Student Feedback Form which is available at our reception desk. Alternatively, you can reach us via the following channels:
Tel – (65) 6565 9786/ 6560 5559
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 1 Kay Siang Road, Level 11 Singapore 248922
25. What is the Stanfort Academy-student Contract?
The Stanfort Academy Student Contract clearly states the fees and policies related to the SA’s courses. A copy of a PEI Student Contract is available at CPE’s website and Stanfort Academy website. Students will sign and keep a copy upon enrolment into the course.
26. What is Stanfort Academy's refund/ withdrawal policy?
% of aggregate amount of Course fees and additional fees paid when student’s written notice of withdrawal is received
50% More than 21 days before the commencement date
20% Before, but not more than 21 days before the commencement date
0% After the commencement date
There is a 7 (working) day cooling off period after the signing of the student contract where the student can withdraw with maximum refund. After this period the refund/withdrawal policy applies.
Refunds will (if any) will be processed within 7 working days from receipt of the Refund Application with complete supporting documents
27. What is Stanfort Academy's transfer policy?
Students who wish to transfer to another program will have to submit a written request to do so and upon approval the student will be deemed to have withdrawn from the course registered and the original signed student contract (if applicable) will be terminated. Student will then have to reapply for the new course.
28. What is Fee Protection Scheme?
The FPS is mandatory for all for all local and international students enrolled at PEIs undertaking Certificate/ Diploma and above courses over 50 hours in duration.
Stanfort Academy has selected for the FPS Insurance for students course fees, by means of which the school purchases the insurance with 7 working days upon collection of course fees from student. For more information, please visit CPE’s website
29. Will I have any Medical Insurance?
30. Is there a minimum attendance requirement?
31. How do I withdraw from Stanfort Academy?
32. Must I inform Stanfort Academy if I am sick? Or must I inform Stanfort Academy if I am not able to come for the lessons?
Local students need to attend at least 75% of their classes to graduate or to issue the certificate.
33. How do I get to Stanfort Academy and where is school located?
Stanfort Academy is located near Redhill MRT Station (only a 10-minute walking distance) and easily accessible by public buses – The bus stop is near Stanfort Academy premises, and buses are taken: 111, 32, 132,122
Our address is:
1 Kay Siang Road, Level 11 Singapore 248922
Tel: +65-6565 9786/ +65-6560 5559
34. Who can I approach if I wish to find out more about studies at Stanfort Academy?
For information on Stanfort Academy studies, you can contact our Customer Service Manager at +65-6565 9786/ +65-6560 5559 or email to email@example.com. Our friendly and helpful Customer Service Manager/ Course Consultants will be able to advise you on the academic pathway you may wish to pursue.
35. How do I know if my application for the course has been accepted?
(For the international students) Upon receipt of all complete required documents, the Application Fee and the approval by the management, the School will send you or your parents/ guardian (if you are below 18 years of age) a Letter of Acceptance directly or through your agent by email, informing you that your application has been received and processed.
(For local students) Upon receipt of the signed Enrolment Form, which means that the student reads, agree on the terms and conditions on the back page of the Enrolment Form, the Customer Service Staff/ Administrative Staff of the respective department will seek approval from the management and communicate the application status to the applicant immediately.
36. How can I make my course fee payment?
All fees are payable by cash, cheque, NETS, Credit Card, or telegraphic transfer. Cheques must be crossed and made payable to “Stanfort Academy Pte Ltd”.
37. Is there any orientation for new students?
Yes, there is an orientation programme planned for new students at the start of each course. Stanfort Academy has been using PowerPoint Presentation for the Student Orientation in the first week or second week of the class. During orientation, you will be briefed about the School’s vision, mission, culture, and core values, and essential information such as the School’s policies and procedures, student support services, academic assessments, dispute resolution policy and procedures, code of conduct, etc.
38. What course materials should I purchase, and when?
39. Will there be any make-up lesson if they fall on public holidays?
40. Can I switch from a full-time programme to a part-time and vice-versa in the middle of the school term?
41. Can I request for deferment of my programme? Would the school be able to reserve the place for me?
42. Is there an age limit for admission?
43. How are living expenses in Singapore?
44. Will there be someone to pick me up from the airport when I arrive in Singapore?
45. Should I inform the school if I change my address?
46. As an international student, can I work part-time?
International student holding a Student Pass is NOT allowed to work in Singapore regardless of any circumstances unless with a Work Pass Exemption from the MOM (Ministry of Manpower). For more information, please visit Ministry of Manpower (MOM) website.
47. How do I travel around in Singapore?
Singapore has good and efficient public transportation. You can easily travel via the public buses, MRTs (the trains) or taxis. Students can get to Stanfort Academy which is conveniently located near the Redhill MRT Station, which is only 10-minute walking distance. Regarding the Public Bus Services, Bus stop is near Stanfort Academy premises. (Buses be taken: 111, 32, 132, 122)
For more information on the transportation log on to www.sbstransit.com.sg and www.smrt.com.sg
48. What is the class size?
Class size varies from course to course. For details of student teacher ratio you can check the respective course that you are interested in.
49. What are the modes of payment?
You may pay by cash, cheque, Credit Card or telegraphic transfer (TT) from overseas.