This programme aims to equip aspiring students with the knowledge and skills to find employment with management prospects in general business or to continue your professional or academic studies in related field. There are 6 modules in this course and are as follows:
– Corporate Strategy and Planning
– Managing in Organisations
– Strategic Marketing Management
– Strategic Human Resource Management
– Project Management
– International Business Case Study
CORPORATE STRATEGY AND PLANNING
- Know how to critically assess the nature, scope and need for corporate strategic planning.
- Be able to critically evaluate the tools and techniques of analysis for corporate strategic planning decisions.
- Be able to identify and critically assess strategic options and decisions and decide between them.
- Be able to critically assess the issues in and approaches to implementing strategies and measuring and controlling corporate strategic performance.
- Be able to critically evaluate key contemporary issues and future challenges affecting corporate strategic planning.
MANAGING IN ORGANISATIONS
- Be able to compare and evaluate alternative approaches to organisation theory.
- Understand the key elements in organisation structure and design.
- Understand managerial processes within an organisational context.
- Understand the concepts of organisational strategy and organisational goals and their relationship to organisational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Understand the need for organisational responsiveness to ensure continued effectiveness in the light of external/internal pressures.
- Understand the processes of organisational change and organisational development.
STRATEGIC MARKETING MANAGEMENT
- Understand the broad concepts and processes of strategic development and marketing planning and the associated theoretical models and frameworks.
- Understand the importance of strategic marketing analysis and research and how today’s global, dynamic, and highly competitive business environment influences the process of strategic development and marketing planning.
- Understand how organisations determine their strategic direction and know how to identify and evaluate the various ways in which this can be achieved.
- Understand how to implement, measure and control strategic marketing plans.
- Understand how strategic marketing can be applied to a range of business contexts including the small to medium-sized sector.
- Understand the impact that technological advances have on strategic marketing and be able to incorporate such advances into strategic marketing plans.
STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Understand the nature and benefits of taking a strategic approach to the management and development of people.
- Understand the positioning of an organisation’s HR strategy as the bridge between its corporate strategy and higher order purposes and its lower level human resource activities.
- Understand the design, monitoring and evaluation of a HR strategy.
- Understand the strategies for people resourcing.
- Understand the strategies for learning and development within organisations.
- Understand the strategies for employee relations.
- Understand the strategies for performance management and reward.
- Be able to initiate the preliminary stage of a project.
- Be able to analyse the project work content and associated risks in order to obtain estimates and tenders.
- Be able to create a detailed project plan.
- Understand how the progress of a project can be monitored and controlled.
- Know how to organize a suitable team structure for the project personnel and devise strategies for leading them effectively.
- Understand the management of quality and change within a project.
- Know about the recommended activities and required reports in the closure and review of a project.
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS CASE STUDY
- To be able to understand the operations of International business.
- To understand the important of Globalizations in managing business.
- To identify the difference between Non-Equity and Equity-based methods of Internationlisation.
- To be able to critically evaluate the different types of theories under International Business.
TEACHER-STUDENT RATIO is 1:30
|Course Outcomes||Advanced Diploma|
|Duration||Full-time: 9 Months|
|Mode of delivery||Online teaching|
|Awarding Body||Stanfort Academy|
|Minimum Age||18 years|
|Academic qualification|| |
|Proficiency Level||A pass (C6) in GCE O Level English OR Obtain at least 70% marks in Stanfort Academy English Language Placement Test (equivalent to IELTS 6.0 in reading and writing)|
- PRESENTATION / CLASS TEST / ASSIGNMENT
- ASSIGNMENT: 60%
- PRESENTATION/ MCQTEST: 20%
- REFLECTIVE WRITING: 10%
- PROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOUR: 10%
ASSESSMENT GRADING CRITERIA
- High Distinction (HD) – 80 Marks and Above
- Distinction (D) – 70 to 79
- Credit (C) – 60 to 69
- Pass (P) – 50 to 59
- Fail (F) – 49 Marks and below
- Attain Minimum “Pass” in all modules
- No outstanding payment due
- Maintain 75% of Attendance of the course duration
- Completed ‘Evaluation Form’ to provide feedback
EXPECTED EXAMINATION RESULTS RELEASE DATE
- 1 month after the examination
EXPECTED AWARD CONFERMENT DATE
- within 1 month after successful completion of all modules