Stanfort Academy provides a comprehensive
suite of student services as listed below:
1. Service Assurance
We assure that our services and course delivery system is suitable, adequate and effective through continual improvement. We will conform to applicable statutory and regulatory requirements without exception. We will take immediate action to control any nonconformance that may arise during delivery of courses.
Key Performance Indicators as follow:
- Effectiveness of training program – 85%
- Effectiveness of trainer – 85%
- Effectiveness of facilities – 85%
- Student support / services – 85%
- Student Retention Rate – 90%
Stanfort Academy has a total of 28 trainers and lecturers (Part-time and Full-time) who are well-qualified and experienced instructors/ lecturers and experienced in modern teaching methods and committed to success of the students. The school has registered all teachers with Committee for Private Education (CPE).
Teacher student ratio can be checked under the respective course.
The management, administrative and customer service managers provide the students help in dealing with personal, administrative, or academic problems or with special issues. They assist International students with
- Application and renewal of Student Pass
- Airport Pickup and Visa application (upon request)
- Assistance in arranging for accommodation in Singapore
- Free Pastoral Counseling
- Academic advising on their further education in Singapore or overseas
- Assistance to students
- Assistance in adapting to the new environment
- Advice on career opportunities
- Internship arrangements and preparations for interview (for courses with OJT)
- Advice on internal grievance procedures
- Arrangement for Medical check-up
- Assistance in the claim of Medical Insurance
- Helping to enrol into Government School or Polytechnics or Junior College
- Arrangement for Local sponsorship
- Orientation program
- Assist in Security Deposit
- Arrangement for local educational tours
- Arrangement for opening of bank account and banking services
2. Access to Resources
Stanfort Academy has a full furnished Library for students to do self-study during lunch break or before and after the class. In the self-access library are updated reference books, books for self-assessment, journals and magazines, course books, books on test preparatory guides, sample tests and answers etc. Students are advised to read the Library policy prior to using the library.
Students can photocopy their own materials at a charge of 20¢ per copy. The student can use the wireless internet access.
There is a Lost and Found Service in the School. Any articles found within the School can be referred to the Reception Counter Staff. Students can approach the staff to check for their lost articles. Lost articles not claimed within one month will be discarded.
4.Academic and Pastoral Counseling Program
The School provides comprehensive pre-course and pastoral counseling services for all students.
Course outline and module synopsis are clearly stated on the brochures of the respective course and students are provided with the course brochures upon enquiry of the course to enable them to make informed choices before application.
The School Course Consultant gives pre-course counseling services which includes
- Individual assessment of the prospective student’s needs and capabilities and providing tailored solutions to ensure effective learning experience;
- Providing marketing collaterals and schedules so that the student can make informed choices;
- Providing appropriate guidance and advice on the suitability of the courses available;
- Providing career guidance relating to the courses available;
Academic care for weak students and providing extra English classes for students to improve their better academic results in the exams that they are sitting for
Course consultants and administrative staff of the respective department are provided with trainings to ensure that they provide the respective students with good guidance.
The School has engaged 2 part-time staff with professional qualification as a Counselor to provide adequate formal training to students. The Part-time Counselors can give advice to students with stress and serious emotional concerns or problems ranging from academic difficulties to personal or social issues and with difficulties such as adjustment problem, relationship problems etc. The student can approach the Administrative Staff of the respective department for appointment with the Counselors.
The Pastoral Counseling program of Stanfort Academy includes
- Providing emotional support for students to help them cope with mental stress relating to a new environment or course demands;
- Implementing programs to create a culture and climate of care, trust and friendliness that encourage student attendance and involvement
In case of needs, students are encouraged to get the professional help from the following Voluntary Free Counseling Services in Singapore:
- SOS (Samaritans of Singapore) -1800 221 4444
- The Counseling Place -6887 3695
- CareCorner Singapore -1800 3535800
- Family Life Society -6488 0278
- ComCare Hotline -1800 2220000 (24 Hours daily service)
5. Orientation Programme
An orientation program is conducted for all international students and this includes campus tours, advice on practical issues such as banking, shopping, transport, cultural adjustment, meeting and introducing with responsible staff, and study skills advice on academic matters.
Stanfort Academy hereby confirms and undertakes to the student that it has in place a Fee Protection Scheme with Lonpac Insurance Bhd by way of an insurance facility. The Private Education Act has been put in place the mandatory requirement of Fee Protection Scheme (FPS). This requirement is regulated by the Committee of Private Education, by way of insurance coverage for all full-time and part-time students. The Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) applies to ALL students (regardless of nationality and the type of passes or identification held, i.e. dependent’s pass, student’s pass, work permit etc). Under this regulation, it is mandatory for all students to apply for FPS and sign CPE PEI-Student Contract when they enroll for courses with Stanfort Academy.
Upon application of EduTrust, Stanfort Academy undertakes that:
- The cover under the Master Insurance Agreement shall be extended to the Student;
- Stanfort Academy will purchase the insurance within 7 working days once the Student pays the fees; and
- The insured period will commence from the fee payment date to the end date of the course.
7. Requests for Official Letters and Documents
Requests for official letters and documents such as verification of student status, provisional transcripts and report cards from the School must be submitted at least 3 days in advance. A fee of $50 will be charged for such document.
The College Course Consultant gives pre-course counseling services which includes.
8. Scholarship scheme
Scholarship scheme are available outstanding students.
9. Reward scheme
Outstanding students are entitled to get reward as per reward scheme.
Note: Students are able to attain reward at the graduation ceremony for the specific year. If students are unable to attend graduation ceremony, student can collect the prize after the graduation ceremony.
10. Physical Resources
- Sufficient furniture and fittings (tables, chairs, white board, projectors, projection screens, visualisers etc)
- AV equipment for classrooms (audio and video facilities)
- Library facilities
- Computer and IT rooms with adequate number of workstations and practical facilities
- Amenities for student support services (Photocopy facilities, Lost-and-Found services with Lost-and-found lockers, Water Dispenser & Suggestion/Feedback box)
- Availability of practical equipment
- Private room for Student Counseling service
- Study and Computer areas (for self-study and free computer practice)
- Classrooms are conducive to training purposes (i.e. air-conditioned, adequate light sources and electrical controls, sound-proof and odorless, easy access to emergency exits, availability of sanitary facilities)
- Spacious administrative areas, main office, welcoming and relaxing reception area for entertaining customers for enquiries and feedbacks
- Private Workplace for office staff with office supplies and resource materials (fax machines, photocopiers, PCs, paper shredder etc.)
- Safety measures (unobstructed emergency exits, visible emergency exit signs, spacious corridor, fire extinguishers, water hose and sprinklers)
- Notice Boards (for effective communication to students)
- 24 hour CCTV Surveillance Systems
- Equipment Inspection and Maintenance system