This course is recommended for those who are employed at managerial level who wish to achieve a Masters level qualification. The theoretical knowledge cover in this programme is sufficient to equip you with the necessary foundation needed in a Master programmes. The Post Graduate Diploma is comprised of five units and is as follows:
- Strategic Business Management and Planning
- Management of Financial Resources and Performance
- Leadership, Change and People Performance
- Corporate Strategy, Governance and Ethics in the Global Environment
- Research Methods and their Application to Marketing
STRATEGIC BUSINESS MANAGEMENT AND PLANNING
- Understand the nature, scope and need for strategic business management and planning in international profit and not-for-profit organisations.
- Understand a range of classical and contemporary models, concepts and tools in business strategy and planning.
- Understand the processes by which organisations identify and develop their goals and values.
- Understand the impact of political, economic, social, technological, environmental and legal factors on an organisation.
- Understand the key forces that represent both opportunities and threats to organisations whether for profit or not for profit.
- Understand the strategy process for an organisation to achieve competitive advantage.
- Understand the future challenges affecting strategic business management and planning.
MANAGEMENT OF FINANCIAL RESOURCES AND PERFORMANCE
- Know how to us financial statements to evaluate performance and appreciate the limitations of such analysis.
- Know how to use management accounting information in the planning and control of an organisation’s resources and appraise its effectiveness.
- Know how to critically appraise and evaluate contemporary management accounting methodology to support the effective management and control of resources.
- Know how to identify and critically assess the management and performance of tangible and intangible resources in business strategy and planning.
- Understand organisational objectives and alternative finance available to fund the achievement of these objectives.
- Know how to use financial data, techniques and tools to evaluate long term capital decisions.
- Understand the international aspects of financial strategy.
- Understand the sources and consequences of risk for organisations and know how these risks may be managed.
CORPORATE STRATEGY, GOVERNANCE AND ETHICS IN THE GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT
- Understand the contribution that an organisation’s workforce can make to competitive advantage and the advancement of the strategic vision and values.
- Understand and be able to apply strategies for people resourcing, retention and development.
- Understand strategies for enhancing employee commitment and engagement within an organisation, using incentives and other mechanisms.
- Understand the potential value of leadership approaches linked to High Performance Working (HPW) at all levels in the organisation (strategic, managerial and operational/tactical).
- Understand and be able to apply the theories, concepts and tools associated with organisational change.
- Know how to apply the capabilities associated with the effective and efficient management of change, and to maximise the contribution of people within an HPW culture.
LEADERSHIP, CHANGE AND PEOPLE PERFORMANCE
- Know how to analyse the business environment and development of an international business organisation.
- Understand the dynamics between an organisation’s resources, product/services and its environment.
- Know how to evaluate business ethics from a global perspective.
- Understand the concepts and perspectives of Corporate Governance in an international organisation.
- Understand the impact of corporate social and environmental responsibility on organisations and society.
- Understand how organisations manage corporate governance and ethics so as to achieve corporate goals.
- Know how to effectively implement and monitor ethical and governance issues in developing an appropriate corporate strategy.
RESEARCH METHODS AND THEIR APPLICATION TO MARKETING
- Understand the role of research methods, within the context of management, marketing and business.
- Be able to compare and contrast research methodologies that relate to management, business and marketing research.
- Be able to develop research designs from quantitative and qualitative perspectives.
- Be able to set research objectives and plan a research project.
- Understand management, business and marketing theory and the relevant literature from varied sources that contribute to the research project.
- Be able to determine a specific marketing related research issue, set research objectives, plan and carry out a research project, critically analyse and evaluate evidence, and report the findings and outcomes.
- Know how to design the data collection surveys from quantitative and qualitative perspectives, evaluate the contrasting research methodologies and determine the best approaches to obtain the required data.
- Be able to write up the results of the project as a business consultancy report.
TEACHER-STUDENT RATIO is 1:20
|Course Outcomes||Post Graduate Diploma|
|Duration||Full-time: 8 Months|
|Mode of delivery||Classroom based teaching|
|Awarding Body||Stanfort Academy|
|Minimum Age||20 years|
|Academic qualification||Obtained a Degree qualification in any field|
|Proficiency Level||English Language proficiency with 60% marks in Stanfort Academy English Language Placement Test|
- WRITTEN TEST/ ASSIGNMENT/ PRESENTATION / CLASS TEST
- EXAMINATION: 80%
- PARTICIPATION: 10%
- BEHAVIOUR: 10%
- PRESENTATION / CLASS TEST: 20%
ASSESSMENT GRADING CRITERIA
- High Distinction (HD) – 80 Marks and Above
- Distinction (D) – 70 to 79
- Credit (C) – 60 to 69
- Pass (P) – 50 to 59
- Fail (F) – 49 Marks and below
- Attain Minimum “Pass” in all modules
- No outstanding payment due
- Maintain 75% of Attendance of the course duration
- Completed ‘Evaluation Form’ to provide feedback
EXPECTED EXAMINATION RESULTS RELEASE DATE
- 1 moth after the examination
EXPECTED AWARD CONFERMENT DATE
- within 1 month after successful completion of all modules