Stanfort Academy has designed this Advanced Diploma which is comprehensive and detailed programme which covers the knowledge and skills required in modern business practice. The programme will provide you with an appreciation of the theoretical issues involved in the study of business whilst also helping you to develop a range of practical skills which will enhance your value to employers. There are 4 modules in this course and are as follows:
- Human Resource Management
- Operation Management
- Business Law
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Understand the nature and benefits of taking a strategic approach to the management and development of people.
- Understand the positioning of an organisation’s HR strategy as the bridge between its corporate strategy and higher order purposes and its lower level human resource activities.
- Understand the design, monitoring and evaluation of a HR strategy.
- Understand the strategies for people resourcing.
- Understand the strategies for learning and development within organisations.
- Understand the strategies for employee relations.
- Understand the strategies for performance management and reward.
- Understand the concepts of modern theories and practices of operation management.
- Be prepared to adopt these theories and skills to illustrate, and explain the practical issues in the business world.
- Have a thorough understanding of competitive advantages, strategic plans, activities and critical decisions that are required when managing operations in an organisation
- Know the characteristics of an operations manager and the relationship between operations, productivity and competitiveness
- Help you gain a good knowledge of inventory and quality management
- Understand the main sources and types of law.
- Understand the different types of business organisation.
- Understand the essential elements of a contract.
- Understand the law on discharge and breach of a contract.
- Know and understand the legal rules in relation to agency.
- Know the legal rules in relation to the areas of employment law.
- Understand that economics is about the allocation of scarce resources, that scarcity forces choice, tradeoffs exist and that every choice has an opportunity cost.
- Be able to demonstrate these concepts using a production possibility frontier diagram.
- Understand how comparative advantage provides the basis for gains through trade.
- List the determinants of the demand and supply for a good in a competitive market and explain how that demand and supply together determine equilibrium price.
- Understand the causes and effects of inflation and unemployment.
- Describe the macroeconomy using aggregate demand and aggregate supply analysis.
- Demonstrate an understanding of monetary and fiscal policy options as they relate to economic stabilization in the short run and in the long run.
TEACHER-STUDENT RATIO is 1:30
|Course Outcomes||Advanced Diploma|
|Duration||Part-time: 6 months|
|Mode of delivery||classroom|
|Awarding Body||Stanfort Academy|
|Minimum Age||18 years|
|Academic qualification||A Diploma in Business related field or Any Diploma with minimum 2 years working experience in related field|
|Proficiency Level||Obtained at least a pass (C6) in GCE O Level Chinese or Diploma in Business field taught in Mandarin|
- WRITTEN TEST/ ASSIGNMENT/ PRESENTATION / PRESENTATION / CLASS TEST
- EXAMINATION : 85%
- PARTICIPATION : 15%
- PRESENTATION / CLASS TEST: 20%
ASSESSMENT GRADING CRITERIA
- High Distinction (HD) – 80 Marks and Above
- Distinction (D) – 70 to 79
- Credit (C) – 60 to 69
- Pass (P) – 50 to 59
- Fail (F) – 49 Marks and below
- No outstanding payment due
- Maintain 75% of Attendance of the course duration
- Attain Minimum “Pass” in all modules
- Completed ‘Evaluation Form’ to provide feedback
EXPECTED EXAMINATION RESULTS RELEASE DATE
- 1 moth after the examination
EXPECTED AWARD CONFERMENT DATE
- within 1 month after successful completion of all modules